Field Application Engineer
Canada, Quebec, MontrealOptics
We’re looking for a well-rounded, self-starting, individual contributor to be at the forefront of our sales and marketing effort and maintain excellent customer relations by offering stellar technical support as we enter the commercialization phase. Helping secure design wins and supporting the integration of DepthIQ™ into products will be your primary focus in a key role for mutual customer / company success.
Who are we and what do we do?
We have a passion for developing solutions at the intersection of 2D imaging and depth. AIRY3D has created DepthIQ, a 3D computer vision platform that consists of a Transmissive Diffraction Mask and computational imaging software that transforms a standard 2D image sensor into one that produces both a 2D image and depth map.
What will you do?
- AIRY3D is a start-up; expect to contribute to a variety of activities in sync with our leadership team.
- Provide pre and post-sales support in a wide array of fields, including but not limited to: automotive, industrial and consumer (PC or IoT).
- Support customer adoption and integration plans.
- Work remotely from home and in our Montreal headquarters.
- Travel domestically and internationally to customers as required and as health regulations permit.
What are we looking for?
- Advanced degree (MS) in Engineering or Computer Science with knowledge of Optics and Computer Vision.
- At least 5 years’ experience as an FAE supporting customers.
- Professional proficiency in French and English. Bonus points for other languages.
- A commitment to customer service as a means to grow sales and drive business.
- A commitment to professional software development practices, structuring/documenting/reviewing code, merging, testing and releasing.
- Experience integrating API-based SDK products supported by header files, documentation, sample code, etc.
Prior experience with:
- Depth sensing technologies such as Time-of-Flight, Stereo, Structured Light and Phase Detection.
- Image signal processing algorithms found in ISP pipelines
- Machine or computer vision applications; human presence, facial recognition, visual simultaneous location and mapping (SLAM), object avoidance, advanced driver-assistance systems (ADAS), augmented-reality (AR) and virtual-reality (VR).
- Experience with Porting algorithms from C++,and OpenCV to mobile embedded platforms
What’s it like working in our team?
We believe in creating disruptive technology in a workplace with great work ethics. We truly enjoy what we are doing and the diversity of those we work with, all while having fun and not taking ourselves too seriously! We offer a flexible schedule, vibrant Montreal (Mile End) location, health insurance, stock options and a Team Incentive Plan.